Mississippi Airsoft
September 02, 2014, 06:27:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New MSA Facebook Page! Become a fan today!- http://www.facebook.com/pages/MississippiAirsoftcom/238330789516?ref=ts

Home   Help Staff List Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tigerstripe Camo. Anyone still use it?  (Read 2829 times)
SFE_PhoboS

Make em count!!!!

« on: January 29, 2011, 01:28:36 AM »

As in the title, I was wondering if anyone has heard of US military personnel using VN Era Tiger Stripe Camo post Vietnam? I know that the ABU is based off of VN Tiger Stripe, but that's not what I'm looking for. I personally love the look of that camo, and I'm thinking of running it, but I'm a bit of a realism whore so some real world knowledge would help.

"Fear is the mind killer" - Paul Atreides, Dune.
Mathis

Im so sexy...

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 07:06:09 AM »

A lot of small Asian militaries still use it. The Russians have a tigerstripe pattern, can't remember the name exactly. Greece uses tigerstripe. Lebanon used desert tiger for a while. Some countries in Africa still use older European tigerstripe patterns.

But as for US, it wasn't even an issue pattern then. So while I'm sure some US forces have used it in places like South America and the Southeast Asia, no or few public records exist.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 07:08:34 AM by Mathis » Logged

Me? Drama? No, I'd rather cut the bull$hit and just go out and shoot you. I'm a man, not a little girl, so leave me out of the drama, put a gun in my hands, and let me play my little war game.
Specter777
Operator
Global Moderator

Louscious Locks

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 01:06:23 PM »

At one point in time there were some pictures of a few SEALs and other similar groups rocking Desert Tiger, if you want an alternative.

"I am Everywhere and Nowhere. I Exist not to Exist. I am the Shadow My Enemies Fear. I am a well tuned precision instrument able to change the direction of a war with one shot"
- Joe Lebleu
Zulu 6

Your Neighborhood Democrat

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 01:12:16 PM »

At one point in time there were some pictures of a few SEALs and other similar groups rocking Desert Tiger, if you want an alternative.

Aye.. Theres another one of a guy rocking DTS while driving a Humvee, cant seem to locate the pic in my stash atm though...

*SEAL by the way

I <3 multicam.... and unicorns and rainbows too!!!
Freedom
Web Admin

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 11:55:33 AM »

To answer simply, 'No, not really' it's a common thought that terrorist cells use it, but I'll be honest in saying all the 'terrorists' I ever encountered wearing a uniform had BDU's and Woodland, not Tiger Stripe.

Also, Zulu. I don't mean to burst your bubble - But that's not a Humvee - and That's not a SEAL. More likely than not, it's a Czech attachment. Or some other Euro-based nationality, Maybe Romanian, I had to work with a Romanian once, but he used a G36, not an ak.

Anyway, the reason I say czech, their trucks look just like that, and their standard issue rifle is just an AK knock off, which would explain his AK47 rig, which, is also sloppily put together - I also say this because Czechs love to pose for pictures. Everywhere....
Voice of Truth
Noob

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 05:00:09 PM »

The picture that Zulu posted is a contractor in Iraq.  You can tell by his unkept build.

Seal with Tiger stripe uniform:

CIA SAD with Desert Tiger Stripe:

Zulu 6

Your Neighborhood Democrat

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 05:08:28 PM »

Also, Zulu. I don't mean to burst your bubble - But that's not a Humvee - and That's not a SEAL. More likely than not, it's a Czech attachment. Or some other Euro-based nationality, Maybe Romanian, I had to work with a Romanian once, but he used a G36, not an ak.

Totally ok, I didnt mean to say that he was driving a Humvee but that I had another one that was of a SEAL driving one. Also I had this in my SEAL folder but Im going to check to see where I got it, it may be that the source was wrong or that I had it misplaced...

@VoT: You cant label that guy as a PMC because he has an "unkept build", thats ridiculous...

I <3 multicam.... and unicorns and rainbows too!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And Free Forum Hosting